Bacon and Apples - Super simple. Super Delicious.








All you need is:
Your favorite bacon
Your favorite apple(s), I typically use 2 Granny Smith, but any hardy cooking apple will do!
a sweet onion (optional)
Salt
Pepper and any spice you want to add to it.

I opted for a shake or two of Dynamite. 

It comes from Flavor God

I start with gathering everything that I need: 
skillet, cutting boards, knives, apples, onion, bacon, salt, pepper, & the Dynamite.

I start chopping up the ingredients (remember to use separate cutting boards for the fruit/veggie & the bacon). 

I core and chop the apple. I usually leave the peel on the apple, but you can peel the apple if you prefer. 

Then chop the onion, I prefer the onion to be about the same size as the apple chunks, but do whatever size you prefer.

Slice the bacon into bite size pieces.

Add the bacon to the skillet & start sauteing it up to your desired doneness. 

Then add in the onion & sweat it down, say 2-5 minutes or so, then I add the chunks of apple.  

Add a little salt, pepper & your spices.

Saute everything until the apples and onion are to the doneness you desire.

There you have it!  



(I didn't have any onion when I made this bowl of yummyness)
Enjoy!!
~a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

Pan Seared Basil, Lemon, & Garlic Buttered Swai Fish with Buttered Lima Beans, & Creamy Mashed Cauliflower

Valentine's Steak Dinner for 2