Pan Seared Basil, Lemon, & Garlic Buttered Swai Fish with Buttered Lima Beans, & Creamy Mashed Cauliflower


Pan seared Swai (a tender, hardy, white fish from Vietnam)

I put 2 tablespoons of Avocado oil in a skillet and heated on high. I seasoned 3 Swai fillets with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried basil then added them io the skillet. Seared on both sides until cooked through. Added 3 teaspoons of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of butter and minced garlic and basted fillets with it for about a minute on each side. Plate and set aside to rest. Serve hot! 

For the buttered Lima beans, boil them in 1/2-1 cup of water for 10 minutes, covered. I then added plenty of unsalted butter, salt, and pepper and cooked for an additional 15 minutes. Use slotted spoon to dish onto plate and serve hot! 

For the creamy mashed cauliflower I used a bag of frozen cauliflower and steamed in the microwave for 6 minutes. Once cooked through, I added to my food processor. I also added 3 tablespoons cream cheese, 1 tablespoon of milk, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper to taste and pureed until smooth and creamy! Serve hot! 

Happy Eating, 
~chef a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

Valentine's Steak Dinner for 2